Wednesday, November 14, 2007

delicious

Oooops, I have been neglectful, my blog has been ignored for some weeks (and he's not happy)

Anyway ... on to delicious...or is that d..e..l!@#$ic./.,io)(*&^us....

Good idea, silly name. Firstly may I say I really, really hate sites that require a registration and then insist on both a unique user name and password. What's the problem if two or ten people have the same user name if their passwords are different?? So after running through half a dozen names that made some sense - and had all been used - I settled on a random and incomprehensible series of letters that I haven't got a hope in hell of ever rememebering.

First Lesson: If this wasn't part of training I would have been like all Internet users and not perservered. The rule of most internet users including me (and Homer Simpson) is that if it is difficult don't bother.

Then Firefox tells me it is protecting me by not installing delicious, while delicious tells me its fine just bypass Firefox's advice. I did, but the man from Nigeria who wants to give me all that money tells me to trust him too. Again, if I had just randomly come upon delicious I would have moved on by now. The internet breeds impatience, scepticism and distrust, and I subscribe to all three.

But enough of that cumudgeonity (not a real word you say? I beg to differ, here it is on the Internet.... ergo - real!). Delicious, despite all the stupid full stops in the name (yeah I know it's a url) does give excellent foolproof advice ( I am currently proving that). I think despite my impatience with registering, I am going to like this....more later.

No comments: