Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Google Watch

What can Google tell me, what good information can I find?

How about the pyramids in Egypt?

I'll ask Google who built the pyramids

I have typed in the question 'Egyptian who built the pyramids'

Interestingly the second result suggests Aliens built them. Wow, who would have thought! That's a turn up, I hadn't known that. I'd thought for years that the Egyptians had built the pyramids in Egypt.

But this is the second result. What does that mean? ....Relevance obviously, and if something is relevant it must be reliable, if Google is reliable, and many do rely on Google for information, then the results Google lists as most relevant will be reliable.

Check it out Aliens built the pyramids Very convincing.

2 comments:

The Learning 2.0 Program said...

Love the alien information ....another one to add to my list of websites to look at when training. Thanks

Lynette

John Uskglass said...

Surely this is a question of search terms?

construction pyramids gets us some better information

construction pyramids -site:.com gets rid of a lot of chaff

construction pyramids site:.edu ... and so on.